COVID-19 Policies & Guidelines
As the University and Nebraska-Lincoln and OLLI resume some in-person activities, guidelines have been established to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and create a safe and healthy environment for everyone. Follow these policies and guidelines to protect yourself and others from exposure to the virus.
The University of Nebraska is requiring all students, faculty, staff and visitors to wear a facial covering at all times when indoors on the UNL campus. OLLI is also requiring facial coverings to be worn indoors when courses/events meet off campus.
There are no universal design standards for facial coverings. However, the covering must extend from the bridge of the nose to below the chin.
- Reusable cloth facial coverings are acceptable, as are disposable paper masks.
- A face shield is an acceptable alternative.
- Regardless of the type used, a facial covering should not be designed with an exhalation valve.
Additional protective measures
To optimize the wellbeing of everyone who participates in the OLLI program, follow these protocols:
- Practice physical distancing by maintaining 6 feet of space between yourself and others
- Self-monitor for symptoms and stay home when ill or after having been exposed to someone known or suspected of having COVID-19.
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly or consistently use hand sanitizer.
- Refrain from touching your face, eyes, nose, and mouth.